【History of canvas】 Part 4 TAKEYARI Canvas Factory

1818

Fabrics and strips made in the Kojima area were popular with the goodness of types of weaving (Kusai, Ogura, and Sanada), and were bought by visitors from all over the country as souvenirs of Monzen Town in Yugadaigongen. Cotton making, which was an agriculture with somewhat of leisure time, no longer became a one-handed job as it rapidly developed.

1867

Since Satsuma clan imported spinning machines from the UK, the Kagoshima spinning station began as Japan's first ever machine spinning station. 

1882

 Shimomura spinning station was founded by Kondaibou brothers. They spotted the few spinning machines that were introduced only in Japan, founded as the first spinning station in Okayama prefecture.

1888年

 In the village of the Kojima district there exists "TAKEYARI canvas factory" which is the predecessor of Takeyari Co., Ltd. as a factory for weaving thick fabric was founded by Goro Mushiro and Ume. From this point the factory began it’s 130-year history.

 Ishigoro had originally been engaged in agriculture and peddling, but after the marriage with Ume who was called the master princess of weaving back then, so he changed his business to weaving and selling.


After that, during the 2nd generation Takue, they had switched from "hand-woven to power loom" in order to increase in production with faster speed, and in the 3rd generation, Kazuo incorporated the Belgian Shuttle machine to their factory. Still today, this machine enables the production of extremely thick No. 1 to 3 canvases.

  In 1984, the current president Mr. Sumi became the fifth president, promoting the introduction of ultra high-speed looms and increasing the growth of the company. In addition, the president himself stood as the head, taking a new step as a factory brand. Currently it continues to grow to be sold domestically and internationally as a high quality bag brand.

Leave a comment

Name .
.
Message .

Please note, comments must be approved before they are published